Worship Pastor Position
Classification: Full Time Position
Compensation: Salaried (Including Medical Benefits)
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Relevant Church is seeking to fill a full time salaried position for Worship Pastor to serve as a member of the Pastoral staff reporting directly to the Lead Pastor. This position works closely with the pastoral staff, production team, and other related departments to plan and implement all worship services for the weekend and special events.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
Requires a Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of “worship leader” experience. This position requires extensive proficiency in music theory, worship leading, directing musicians, and vocal arranging. Communication, problem solving, administrative, technological skills, and a clear and in-depth understanding of worship ministry is a must.
- Reflect the heart and mind of Jesus Christ.
- Possess a high level of relational skills and team building.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with other departments and ministries; utilizing high communication, project management, time management and collaborative skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform high quality, detailed work with minimum supervision within assigned deadlines.
- Possess ability to lead the congregation in contemporary/traditional worship.
- Champion the mission and vision of Relevant Church: “Connecting a Changing World to an Unchanging Word”.
- Pursue a lifestyle that reflects integrity and authentic Christian witness.
- Arrive prepared and on time to all meetings, rehearsals, or services.
- Protect the Unity of the Body of Christ and fully support the leadership at Relevant Church.
- Share in the responsibilities of Relevant Church through regular giving of tithes & offerings.
- Serve the ministry of Relevant Church.
- Support the testimony of Relevant Church.
- Supervise, lead, and shepherd all worship staff and volunteers, including youth worship.
- Participate in planning overall service structure for each weekend service, special events, and retreats.
- Oversee the song selection for the weekend services.
- Schedule worship leaders, vocalists, & musicians for the weekend services.
- Run weekly rehearsals.
- Oversee the development and recruitment of worship teams.
- Develop and implement all strategic processes and systems.
- Provide pastoral care for the department as well as the congregation.
- Assist with the coordination of communion, baptisms, child dedications, etc.
- Oversee the Worship Ministry budget.
- General pastoral duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Complete the form below. Please include a resume and cover letter. Optional: include a link to a video of you leading worship.